Secret Church is an intense 6-hour Bible study and prayer event designed to simulate the experience of persecuted Christians around the globe. Author David Platt will explore the differences between Christianity and several major world religions. Join us Friday night, April 29th from 6:00 - midnight at our East End Campus (426 Winnie). Cost is $10 and includes materials and snacks. Childcare is not provided.
A Global Gospel in a World of Religions
Friday, April 29, 2016
A multiplicity of religions exists in the world, all claiming to hold the truth (or at least some truth) about who we are, how we got here, what we’re doing, and where we’re going. Billions of people believe in Christianity, while others embrace Islam. Some are Hindu and others are Buddhist. Amidst it all, many are atheist, or at the very least agnostic.
- So how are we to think and what are we to do in this massive marketplace of religious ideas?
- Is there one right way to believe or are there many right ways to believe?
- Is there one right way to live or are there many right ways to live?
- Specifically, how does the gospel of Christ compare and contrast with other world religions?
- And if we believe this gospel, then how should we share it specifically with people of other faiths?
- For that matter, why would we share it specifically with people of other faiths?
During this Secret Church, we will explore the claims of Christ in the gospel and consider how these claims inform the way we understand religions in the world and impact the way we live when surrounded by varied believers with diverse belief systems.